Bert Coules wrote:
Lurch,

Thank you for your reply, if not for your sarcasm.

I'll say it again, leave the cement to set then drill,
plug and screw through the box.

I concede that this will work if (a) the head of the screw is larger than
the outside diameter of the plug, or (b) a washer is used. But since
neither of these conditions was mentioned by either of us, it seems to me
that my question was perfectly valid and your tone quite unnecessary. I
thought this group existed for mutual support and advice, not rudeness.

If the head of the screw *isn't* larger than the O/D of the plug then,
to my mind, the plug is *way* too large for the screw. As I keep
repeating I use 3.5 and 4mm screws in yellow plugs which go in 4mm
diameter holes in the wall. Why use anything larger?

--
Chris Green