none

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 19:14:23 -0500, Dan
wrote:

Not really a repair issue, but I'll bet someone here has an idea on
this. I have a couple MDF cabinets which will each house 1 10" woofer &
1 10" passive radiator as subs. I have some of that white "softer" owens
corning fiberglass insulation that comes in a pink plastic cover (the
type that is totally enclosed in the plastic) which I intend to remove
from its covering & use to line the walls of the enclosures. What is the
best way to attach the fiberglass to the walls of the boxes? Glue I'm
assuming, but what type is best?

TIA

Dan

Don't use fiberglass unless the enclosure is totally enclosed.(no
venting or porting)
Better to use dacron hollow fill which can be gotten cheaply at any
department store fabrics department.
Use spray mount on the mdf and then press the hollow fill onto the
board. Allow to set then fluff the hollow fill out a bit, just don't
leave it compressed tightly.
The theory is to use the the loosely packed hollow fill as an
"acoustical maze" to cut down on flyback distortion.(second wave
harmonics etc...)
In the old days we used a wool composite called kimsul.(don't think
it's available anymore as the more modern materials are better
anyway.)
I use 3M Super 77 spray mount though just about any brand will
do.(I've even used low temp hot glue striped onto the cabinet linings
to glue down the dacron in a pinch.)