Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Ace

Ace I have a stronghold, just a larger version, never have any problems
like the ones everyone else seems to have with their cheaper chucks. now
all you have to do is save some money and get a Oneway lathe to go with
the chuck.
Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

http;//homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum18.html

Ace wrote:

I have no experience with a lathe and I am very interested in getting into
bowl turning.
I have a Grizzly G5979 Lathe and I am thinking about buying a Talon 66B05.53
1" X 8 tpi scroll chuck which also comes with a screw from Lee Valley for
$199. I would like your opinion on this chuck. Also, I want to buy a bowl
gouge and was wondering what you all thought I should get, should I get a
3/8ths or a 1/2 inch gouge?
Thank you all very much for your help, and Happy Thanksgiving!!!