Mike

"tim" wrote in message

"Simon Hawthorne" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 14:12:03 +0100, "tim"
wrote:

'The' business is irrelevent, he's applying for generic permission.
in this case Type A2 which is professional and financial services
at which the pubic may visit. Once permission is granted it my
be used by any company that fits the category, some of which
could generate hundreds of visitors per day.

Limits can be, and are often, imposed by the planners.

Is it really Tim....? One of the things we were very specific about
when we put the application together was that there would be no
visitors to the site. It would only ever be occupied (and cars
parked) by a maximum of 3 people.....? They might be me, and my
business, or it might be let to another business...

I wonder if this is the stumbling block? My structural engineer
handled the detail of the application...

Is there a list anywhere I can look at to see what type of permission
I actually need..?

the classes are he

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou.../page/odpm_pla
n_606148-09.hcsp

It is difficult to see what is actually applicable.
I also note that there is no class for farm buildings which is presumably
what the barn should originally be classed as.

Farm buildings are on agricultural land so are classified elsewhere. The
land has to be reclassified before conversion of the farm building to it's
new use can begin and this is done as part of the planning approval.