:::Jerry::::

"Owain" wrote in message
":::Jerry::::" wrote
| I didn't say that you can't "touch the ring main"
| First of all it is a "ring final circuit".
| I don't see the term "ring final circuit".
| Well, it certainly isn't a ring main, otherwise you would be
| working out in the road !..

I suspect that Buck House and similar sized properties have their own
substation and internal distribution may well be on a ring main.

[ re Buck House ]
I'm dammed certain it does, and it's own generator set(s) too !

In fact, I think I suggested a ring main for someone with a lot of
outbuildings on here a short while back.

Err, in the context, would that not be just a very large (both in area and
power rating) ring circuit as it's after the company fuse(s) - unless they
also had the own substation ?...