Eric R Snow

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:43:45 GMT, Johan wrote:

In article ,
"Garrett Fulton" wrote:

I'd like to hear more that also. We were always taught to use silicone
grease on the O-rings.

Garrett Fulton

Yes, please do. I've seen nothing about such an accident anywhere else
and I'd like to read about the exact cause of the failure. I have this
thing about having a tank at 3000psi on my back and having it fail at
60-70 feet. (Well, I guess depth wouldn't really be an issue.)

John, PADI-certified NE Ohio Mud Diver

But of course depth is an issue. For example, at 6600 foot depth the
pressure would be about 3000 psi. So you could open the valve and not
get any air at all. if you go up a few feet the air pressure will be
slightly higher than the surrounding water and you can breathe again.
I wonder how many stops you'd need to make to off-gas at that depth.
ERS