IMM

"Rod Hewitt" wrote in message
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote in
:

When I was trawling around the stats a couple of years ago
to respond to the government's consultation, I came across
a comment that some chip-pan fires get included in the
electrical fires figures because they happen on an electric
hob (this was given as a reason chip-pan fire figures are
lower than reality). A number of the 'electrical' fires in
the stats are fires involving appliances which are neither
faulty nor misbehaving, but simply being misused.

I'll have you know that heating a motorbike chain in a tin of lube on my
mother's cooker, forgetting about it and only noticing the spitting and
black smoke does not constitute misuse! Perfectly proper use of a cooker

in the kitchen.

Why would you heat a bike chain in oil?