Andy Hall

Default Black sanitary silicone sealant?

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:49:16 GMT, "Mathew J. Newton"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:22:44 GMT, "Mathew J. Newton"
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can pick up a tube of sanitary silicone sealant

in
black? I'm based in Bristol and have seen an abundance of white, clear

and
'brown' but not black...

It's for a granite-grey kitchen worktop and so a dark grey would suffice

but
something tells me I'll be luckier getting black, if any.

Mathew

Are you talking about a worktop to worktop seam, or something for the
back?

It's for where the worktop meets the back wall. I don't think translucent
would suffice in my case as the join is far from perfect (wonky wall) and so
I was intending to use an opaque sealant to mask the unevenness.

Mathew

OK.

I would talk to your granite supplier.

I have some almost black granite worktops and in certain places
granite upstands. In other areas the walls are tiled with tumbled
marble tiles.

Where the upstands meet the worktops, coloured epoxy resin was used -
it is virtually invisible.

The worktop extends under the tiles. The join was first grouted
conventionally and then a colourless silicone sealer applied very
sparingly. This is invisible unless you look very closely.

Do you already have the worktops? I am wondering whether you could
cut them into the wall. That would probably give a better finich and
appearance.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl