Charles Spitzer

"Dorot29701" wrote in message
The former poster is right - about timing.

no kidding. my last house went on the market sept 8th, 2001. it didn't sell
until mid-march of 2002.

I put my last house on the market in early 1990. Hadn't paid any
attention to
the real estate market before then...for the next two or three years,
almost
nothing moved. I had people coming by saying .."I heard that this house
has
been on the market ovr a year". It had been. So had most of the other
houses
that were for sale.

If you can afford to wait until early Spring then by all means do it.

Just keep house very clean. If you have any clutter, rent a public
storage
space and put everything possible in there so when people look around they
think "spacious". Clean out closets - make it appear there's lots of
storage
space.