Ian Stirling

Ian Stirling wrote:
stuart noble wrote:
Having spent an hour talking to electrical wholesalers who have no idea what
I'm talking about, thought I'd ask the question here.
I'm looking for a standard 4ft fluorescent fitting with an instant (or close
to it) start. If I can get a warm white 27K tube to go with it, so much the

Instant start will significantly reduce the life of the tube.

I thought, however, that electronic control gear *improved* the life
of the tube as well as giving faster 'smoother' startup.

True "instant start", with the heaters cold, and tubes not especially
designed for it, do indeed reduce the life.