Owain

"Martin Pentreath" wrote
| ... and whiskers on kittens.

B*ST*RD!!!

I have a streaming cold and was eating lunch when I read that. I now have a
plate of snotty sandwiches and a snotty crumby keyboard.

| I rather liked the idea of them actually being functional. Surely in
| ye olden dayes stair rods were intended as the sole means of holding
| the carpet down?

Yes.

| Also by not having the carpet fixed in any other way it would be easier
| to move the runner up a notch every so often to spread the wear.
| Any thoughts on/experience of this?

Yes. Much easier and much less damaging to the carpet to move the runner
up/down by a couple of inches every year to equalise the wear than it is
with spikey grippers.

Owain