George

Oversimplification, I'll admit. The initial "hit" which I'm going to
presume will come from a tool, is the only one which doesn't necessarily
worry about incidence/reflection, etc. That's why it should be forced down
by cutting position.

And the theory I learned - non quantum - was that the energy of a collision
divided equally on the hitter and hitee. How about that scientific for
scientific terminology!

Elasticity? I'd rather do inductance calculations....

"Martin Rost" rostmartin @ hot mail . com wrote in message
George,
Theory is great, but there is a rotational component to the piece, so if

it
comes loose and contacts something it will tend to climb up it. Where did
Newton say anything about every hit takes half the hurt potential away?
There are elastic and inelastic collisions, in an inelastic collision with
one object moving and one anchored, there is a change in direction of the
one object with minimal change is speed. As an example drop a golf ball

on
to a hard surface, it will bounce up more than half the height it was
dropped from.
Your suggestions for turning safely should be heeded none the less.
Martin