Paulco

Your church must a be a rarity.
I went to various churches (assemblies of god & baptist among others)
for 14 years and considering that the entire faith is based on love &
forgiveness, I found christians to be the most self rightous,
judgemental, unloving and unforgiving bunch of ******* (a**hole is an
approximate equivilent for US readers) on this planet.

But if I can scam some timber I might have to start going again lol.

Seriously though, another source is commerical tree loppers. I found
a website for my home town (Perth, Western Australia) where you could
register for free firewood and mulch from tree loppers. Dropped them
an e-mail telling them I wanted wood for turning, and a week later I
got a call from a guy. They were dropping a healthy 50ft tall 2ft
thick at the base Jarrah tree (aussie hard wood, red/brown in colour
with some great grain) and I could meet them there and take as much as
could carry.
Got three great slabs from the base about a foot long and filled the
trailer with stuff a foot long and 8 to 16 inches thick - I could have
taken more if I had a bigger trailer.

Happy turnings
Paul

PS, I bet your church has the nicest collection plates in town (-:

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:16:58 GMT, "Darrell Feltmate"
wrote:

The young fellow looks at his mon on Sunday morning and says, "Why do I have
to go to church?. It is hunting season and the day in gorgeous. Besides, I
do not like those people and they do not like me. Give me one good reason
why I should go."
His mom replied, "I will give you two. One: you are 34 years old and you
should know better. Two: you are the minister."

Aside from being the minister and really liking the people, I showed up at
church on Sunday to have one of the folks ask me if I could use the black
cherry log he had set in the parking lot for me. 12" daimeter and 8' 6"
long. I said yes. Great folks at that church.

Unless otherwise stated all references to location refer to Western Australia