mac davis

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:13:44 -0700, "buck"
wrote:

Just curious as what to expect if a 2" square x 24" piece of stock should
come loose from lathe at 2000 rpm....... Would it just fall to the
workbench..... Go flying across the room..... or lodge into my head? I
would imagine that when you turn bowls things can kind of explode all over
the place but not sure about a thinner piece when doing spindle work.
-thanx

I've never been hit by one... had a few long pieces like that drop off
and get dinged..
One bowl came off and rolled around the shop for a while.. lol
seems like they went down and away from me before hitting something
and bouncing..