Matt

Default Generator Connection

Hi,
In the event of a power failure I would like to be able to power my
fridge as well as my furnance... those are really the only two
requirements. Is there a cheap way to do this? Fridge, obviously I can
run an extension cord... but what about the furnance?

I don't suppose it's safe to 'backfeed' an electrical system.. ie flip
the main off, and then plug the generator into say a 20Amp outlet, and
then run the furnance through the backfeed of the electrical system as
long as I don't use anything more then 20Amp circuits?

~ Matt