FardinA

Default Help is needed for buying a humidifier

Hi,
I am thinking of buying a flow through humidifer ( the one that can be
mounted on furnace ducts) for my new home. Lennox, Honeywell and
AprilAir are my favourite brand names. Based on what I have read from
websites, looks like there is not much difference between these brand
names. Am I right?
I like to install the humidifier myself so I can save some bucks.
Apparently, these brand names teach the owner ( I am sure about
Honeywell) how to install the humidifier. What's your suggestion?
Should I hire a service man to install the unit? Based on your
experience (if you have humidifer), insatlling a humidifier makes a
lot difference in humidity level? I have read a post that the guy
installed a humidifer ,however, the humidity level did not go up very
much. Some people are saying it's good idea to use hot water instead
of cold water. I know why, but that would cause my energy bill goes up
!!.
I am living in Canada where the humidity is pretty low.