Gary R. Lloyd

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:28:17 -0400, "JoKing"
wrote:

I'm not taking sides, but we need to get terms straight. There are no
"rights" when it comes to smoking. Smoking, like driving (and sometimes
fishing) is a privilege, not a right. It is something that a person is
allowed to do under a certain set of circumstances. This may be a license or
it may be permission from another party or just a lack of objection. Rights
and privileges are not interchangeable terms.

"99windstar" wrote ...
You do have rights but your right to smoke inside...

On the contrary, you have a right to put whatever you want in your
body, because you own yourself. Because you own yourself, you have
certain unalienable rights (rights from which you cannot be separated)
to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. This is the basis of a
free society.

If you do not own yourself, then there is no such thing as rights.
Everything is a privelege. This is the basis of a totalitarian
society.

We have long been headed in the direction of totalitarianism. For our
own good, of course.

Liberals are thieves and dictators, unlike
conservatives who are dictators and thieves.