Richard Clements

buying from HF is great for somethings and bad or others, there abr clamps
are great, and if you watch for a sale you can get them for as little as
$3.99 for the 36" 3.49 for the 32" etc. and there pipe clamps are decent
too. There air tools have a decent reputation, I only have a stapler/brad
nailer but for $20 on sale can't complain, just wait to get them on sale,
there 4 1/2" angle grinders go on sale just about everyother week for $15
and last and seem to hold up really well, and for $15 your 2 or 3 just in
case. having said this DON'T buy and persision power tools! they wont be.
also you can't beat there prices on all the little things you need, like
the blue/green disposable gloves, or there storage bins, etc. but mostly
watch for there sales, also if you look on like and they have something on
sale there print it off and the store will honor the price

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:

Harbor Freight seems to have some very attractively priced power
tools, particularly those under the "Chicago Electric Power".

What has been your experience with Harbor Freight in general and with
the Chicago Electric brand in particular?
- How does the quality and value stack up?
- If one is a serious hobbyist who doesn't have unlimited money to
spend on tools, is it better to buy fewer name-brand, high-priced
tools or go for a broader range of Chicago Electric brand tools to
fill out my home shop?

Presumably you never get something for nothing so I imagine the
quality of a 29.95 sawzall type tool can't be as good as a $200
Milwaukee version... but that being said, is it worth buying this
stuff?

Please share your experiences and advice from a hobbyist perspective
(I know that if you use your tools professionally 8+ hours/day then it
pays to buy the best).

Thanks