Andy Hall

Default Battery circular saws

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:45:14 +0000, PoP wrote:

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:39:47 +0000, PoP wrote:

Question is, anyone got one of these and feel it's worth the price
(£68)?

I popped into Focus DIY in Winnersh today and they had a combined
rechargeable drill and circular saw set - with 1 hour charger and 2
batteries! Half price at £39. Couldn't resist.

How did you manage with the surly teenagers and getting past the
irritating woman accosting people on the way out to sell double
glazing? Unlike the person at Homebase in Bracknell she won't take no
for an answer.

Recent conversation:

Her: "50% off double glazing and conservatories"
Me: "50% off of the price?"
Her: "50% off double glazing and conservatories"
Me: "Do you mean a 50% discount from the normal price?"
Her "50% off double glazing and conservatories. Do you wanna quo'
duck?"
Me: "Not just now, thanks"
Her "But it's 50% off."
Me (making for door): "Really, it's OK"

I'm so tempted to have a money changers in the temple scenario, but
I'd probably be arrested. Next time she does it, I think I'll
arrange a wild goose chase appointment for her :-)

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl