Mike Clarke

In article , Andrew Gabriel
wrote:

In article ,
"IMM" writes:

"dms1.go-plus.net" wrote in message

[Snip]

You are much better off mounting a socket at the height prescribed in the
current IEE regulations and I am not too sure if these are to British
Standards either.

What height is that?

IEE regs doesn't have any height prescribed, but 110cm from floor
to bottom of socket is common and works with typical kitchen units.
Remember to allow for floor thickness if flooring isn't yet fitted.

According to the OSG (Appendix 8):

"The Building Regulations require switches and socket-outlets in
dwellings to be installed so that all persons including those
whose reach is limited can easily use them"

It quotes a height between 450 and 1200 mm from the ground. Looks like a
piece of bureaucracy which makes little allowance for the actual use to
which the relevant device is to be put. It does go on to say that this
does not apply to kitchens and garages but to rooms that visitors would
normally use, but I can think of several sockets and switches in our
living room and bedrooms that visitors would have no need to touch.

--
Mike Clarke