TWS

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:06:45 -0500, "Scott Willett"
wrote:

Michael,

I am getting conflicting advice about the band saw. Can you cut curves
effectively with a band saw. I was also told it was a safer machine than
the table saw.

Thanks

Scott, look at Duginske's Bandsaw Handbook (esp page 244) if you want
to see what curves a bandsaw can cut.

Re safety, both with cut you - bad - there is no substitute for
knowledge about the equipment and being careful but, having said that,
the bandsaw may stall if you jam a piece in it but it will never throw
things at you at a hundred miles an hour like a good table saw can.

TWS