On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 03:12:08 GMT, "johnny rotten"
wrote:

Good woodworkers don't blame their tools. Yes it's nice to have good
tools... I have over $30,000 worth in my shop - and it's only my hobby
shop. I work at someone else's shop during the day. But to be honest I can
do all that I need on a Dewalt cheapo table saw as I can on a powermatic 66
for a hell of a lot less. If I'm a pro then of course I want good tools but
if I only turn the saw on once a month or less as an amateur then no.

Actually it's almost exactly the opposite. A professional's skill and
experience allows him/her to comprensate for the failings of his/her
tools. An inexperienced worker can't do that nearly as well and needs
good tools.

(The issue of productivity for the professional is another matter.)

--RC

Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?