xrongor

glad u said it so i didnt have to.

15A is plenty. in fact a 15 might be better. it will blow faster than the
20 if something does go wrong.

randy

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message
Good Grief! Have you ever looked at the wattage rating on your equipment.
Most computers have a 350 watt power supply, some really big boys have a
600 watt PS. Monitors are usually less than 100 watts, laser printers may
be 200 watts and inkjets are likely to be around 25 watts. A flat bed
scanner is around 100 watts. That means the power consumption is likely
to be 600 watts when scanning and 700 watts when using a laser printer.
A 15 amp circuit could probably support three computer systems, or at
least 2 system that draw heavily and use 100 watt or more table lights.

wrote:
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:30:46 -0500, "David DeBoer"
wrote:

PC, monitor, printer, scanner and USB hub right now.

That still really isn't enough detail. A CRT monitor uses a lot more
power than an LCD monitor of a given size. A 2.8 ghz CPU uses more
power than a 1 ghz CPU. A laser printer uses FAR more power (although
intermittantly) than an inkjet.

If you have a fast CPU, a CRT monitor and a laser printer, 15 amps may
not meet even the minimum requirements. You should be able to find out
the minimum power requirements for each item by looking in the manuals
that came with them, or at the manufacturer's website. BB

wrote in message

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:15:58 -0500, "David DeBoer"
wrote:

Hello,

I would like to put my computer equipment on its own circuit. Would I
need
a 15 or 20 amp breaker to do this? Are there any restrictions as far
as how
many breakers can be in the box? I know there is room for more. What
gauge
wiring would this require?

Thanks for any thoughts...

It really depends on what you mean by "computer equipment".

BB