Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"IMM" writes:

"dms1.go-plus.net" wrote in message
I would be very wary of these sockets. The doubles are un-switched plus the
single switched are in my opinion expensive.

I've saw them on the continent some time before I saw them over here.
They were originally designed for Shuko and the French/Belgium sockets,
hence the 13A socket in a round cutout. I would want to try one out
for quality before buying a kitchen full of them.

There are lights in the same design, and they are a really bad idea.
The light reflects off everything on the worktop straight into your
eyes.

I tried one of these in a customers kitchen who wanted a lot of sockets and
not see them, well they are not all that well hidden plus you have a flex
going ALL the way UP to under the cupboard.

You are much better off mounting a socket at the height prescribed in the
current IEE regulations and I am not too sure if these are to British
Standards either.

What height is that?

IEE regs doesn't have any height prescribed, but 110cm from floor
to bottom of socket is common and works with typical kitchen units.
Remember to allow for floor thickness if flooring isn't yet fitted.

--
Andrew Gabriel