LP

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:20:06 GMT, Buttonhole McGee
wrote:

Greetings, fellow ruminators, timber-trimmers, and cast-ahrn consumers.
While following some links related to my day job, I came across a very
nice explanation for the poor quality of woodworking tools and supplies.
Despite its name, Moen's Law of Bicycles seems to hit the mark.

SNIP

Thats a pretty fair explanation and with woodworking it seemed to
happen right after the New Yankee Workshop started airing on PBS.

Norm made it all look so easy and suddenly woodworking went from
professional to hobbyist status. Prices on everything related started
taking major upward jumps, catalogs appeared from no where, tool
quality took a dive and a whole shopping cart full of useless gadgets
appeared.

So much for the value of television.