Prometheus

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:27:56 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"
wrote:

"patrick conroy" wrote in message

"Janice Brown" wrote in message
.. .

of the house from the basement is making me crazy. It's not like he
doesn't try to clean up after himself, but there is a lot of small
sawdust that does not get vacuumed up. I thought I'd ask the guys who

If its just stuffed getting tracked into the house - then I have a
dedicated
coverall and pair of shoes that stay in the shop. That pretty much takes
care of 95% of keeping the house sawdust free. On those days when I know
my
hair caught some dust - I either take a ShopVac hose to my 'mop' or give
it
a blast with compressed air.

Industrial / research places also make some adhesive paper, about the size
of a floor mat, that you step on when leaving. Think of it as walk-able
flypaper for sawdust. I have no idea where you'd find this stuff. The
dedicated shoes and coveralls work for me.

this is for sale as a mat for in front of the cat litter box in the pet
store.

Not sure if the stuff at the petstore is the same as the stuff in
industrial cleanrooms, but I do know that when I've gone into
cleanroom environments where that tacky mat is at the entrance, they
request that the treads on your shoes be 1/8" deep or less. So, if
you husband is wearing deep lugged boots into his shop, a new pair of
shoes might make as much of a difference as anything. At the very
least, it would make a mat more effective in removing the chips and
dust.

Of course, if you're looking for a solution he'd like even better, get
him an air compressor, and he can use that to blow the dust off.
Works pretty good, even for metal swarf.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam