billh

The wood is spongier than dry wood. I use the external tenon method and
tighten the chuck well. I try to make the tenon larger than smaller. My
present chuck is a Oneway Stronghold and it is very good but I have used a
no-name cheapie as well with the external tenon. A trick you can try is to
put CA glue around the area the chuck will grip. The CA glue will firm up
the wood.
Billh

"Keith Young" wrote in message
Hi

Because the wood is soft I find it impossible to get a really good
grip.Guess the wood acts like a sponge. Is this chuck unique or is it a
fact that most chucks are poor on green wood.

Sincerely
Keith