Wilson Lamb

In summer, you would benefit from a gable blower. The ridge vent is good,
but nowhere near all you can use. Gable fans are cheap and come with a
thermostat, which you set for 100-110 or so.
Wilson
"Dukester" wrote in message
I have a small but dedicated 20x24 shop I built last year. For various
rea$ons I never got around to insulating the attic before winter and ran

the
heck out of some electic heaters as a result.

I now have the time & funds to devote to insulating the attic (my celing

is
closed btw). I have R13 in the walls. My question is, will insulating

make
much of a difference with R19 or R30 up there this winter? Also, will it
keep it cooler in the summer as well? I ask because SWMBO is duibious

that
insulation will be worthwhile. There are 2 large gable vents and soffit
vents along the sides.

I live in the mid-south (Memphis) as a point of location reference.

Cheers!
Duke