Andy Dingley

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:39:27 GMT, TWS wrote:

I also try to control dust in the workshop.

Gee Andy, I thought you mostly made chips and curls not dust...

'been routing plywood last few days. Took me a good while to find
where I'd put the router table !

Last week I made a frame for a stained glass window (internal dorway -
indoors both sides). Like a total muppet I ended up hand planing
twenty four foot of complicated moulding. Good fun, but it's no way
to make a living.

I was also using shop-bought timber (the shame!) which was brand-new
pineywood. Obviously kiln-dried, the knots in it were hard enough to
chip my favourite carving gouge. Fortunately I did this while I was
cutting them back to save the irons in the moulders, or I'd be
_really_ annoyed.