Bill Rubenstein

You are not giving us much information -- certainly not enough for us to be of help. Is the
blank 3" diameter or 30" diameter? What does it weigh? How slow is slow? What machine are
you turning on? Is the outside shape to be 3 cornered or both the outside and inside shapes?

Please get some more advice before you try this again.

Bill

In article xtsod.808$Rs2.4@trnddc03, says...
when i mounted a wood block off center about a half inch, it made the lathe
vibrate badly
and that was turning slow...didn't dare take it up faster. am trying to
turn a three cornered, curved
bowl. should i screw it to the face plate waste block or will gluing it do?
if i get to turning it and it
comes off, then it would have more than usual momentum!
advice wanted before I kill me or the house.
rich