TWS

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:33:34 GMT, Janice Brown
wrote:

Hi Guys - My husband loves woodworking and I love him, but the sawdust,
woodchips, and whatever else that is continuously tracked into the rest
of the house from the basement is making me crazy. It's not like he
doesn't try to clean up after himself, but there is a lot of small
sawdust that does not get vacuumed up. I thought I'd ask the guys who
would know, what do you do to keep the dust down? - Janice

Beer does a good job washing it down ;-)

Seriously, a shop apron keeps a LOT of the dust out of his clothes
(leather apron is easy to keep dust free). Blowing the dust off with
an air gun helps a lot. A mat at the top of the stairs that has
bristles so the dust on his shoes will fall into the bristles.

A dust filtration system is helpful but I think the bulk of your
concern is dust he carries on him rather than a cloud of dust
following him up the stairs. A dust collection system on all of his
power tools will significantly reduce the amount of dust that can be
tracked or get imbedded in his clothes - these tend to be noisy so you
need to make a tradeoff on which you prefer...

TWS