Al Bundy

Robert Allison wrote in message ...
rkpatt wrote:

I had a new concrete driveway poured about 5 days ago . I waited 24
hours then have been misting it with a hose 3 times a day ( except
for rain of course ) . The weather has been overcast more or less and
the temps have been ranging for 50-68 degrees F. How long should I
wait before drive on it with a full size pickup truck ( unloaded ) . I
want to use the driveway ASAP but don't want to take any unessary risk
.

About 25 years ago, we blasted a flat spot into some solid granite
on a lot near Burnet, TX. and set up forms for a driveway with great
difficulty. We used #4 rebar in a grid pattern, 16" OC each way.
Poured 5,000 PSI concrete 5" thick. Waited 5 days and drove large
trucks over it with no problems.

Had a neighbor that poured 3,000 PSI concrete 3" thick with WW
mesh. Wet it down for a week after the pour. He did NO surface
prep, didn't even remove the carpet grass under the slab. Cracked
the first time he drove on it with his Geo metro.

Go figure.

One of the first expressways, the Davison in Detroit, was let to cure
for one year, and lasted 50 years.