Bert Coules

John,

Thanks for the reply.

I would be very wary of these sockets. The doubles are un-switched plus

the
single switched are in my opinion expensive.

I don't see the lack of switches as any sort of drawback. And the range
doesn't include any single switched sockets: what looks like one is, in
fact, a single unswitched socket and a quite separate switch in the same
housing. An unusual arrangement, I agree. As to expense, well, something
is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I tried one of these in a customer's kitchen who wanted a lot of sockets

and
not see them, well they are not all that well hidden plus you have a flex
going ALL the way UP to under the cupboard.

I was thinking of mounting them in the alternative position, on the worktop.

You are much better off mounting a socket at the height prescribed in the
current IEE regulations...

I really don't see why.

...and I am not too sure if these are to British Standards either.

Wouldn't that mean they were being sold illegally? From a supplier with the
reputation on TLC, isn't that a little surprising?

Beware of doing DIY from 1st Jan next year unless you consult building
control and have it tested you will be breaking the law...

I'm aware of this impending legislation, consider it ridiculous and
intrusive, and have no intention of allowing it to stop me doing my own
wiring in my own home.

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk