Mike in Mystic

wear overalls/aprons/sweatshirts/etc. and take them off in the shop at the
door. I also have shoes that I use only in the shop, and take them off
before going in the house (I have a detached garage as my shop). I also use
the shopvac on myself if I'm particularly dirty.

One of the biggest improvements was to get a good dust collector and make
sure I use it diligently. It helps a lot, but isn't perfect. A little dust
will always make it into the house, so I throw my clothes in the hamper and
take a shower right away.

That's about all you can do, I think.

The thing I've tried to get my wife to realize is that a little dust and/or
wood chips is not the end of the world and to try to chill out and not make
such a big deal over it. Hasn't worked yet hehe

Mike

"Janice Brown" wrote in message
.. .
Hi Guys - My husband loves woodworking and I love him, but the sawdust,
woodchips, and whatever else that is continuously tracked into the rest
of the house from the basement is making me crazy. It's not like he
doesn't try to clean up after himself, but there is a lot of small
sawdust that does not get vacuumed up. I thought I'd ask the guys who
would know, what do you do to keep the dust down? - Janice