Bert Coules

Andy,

Thanks for the reply.

Looks to me that the outer rim would "pop" off, leaving the circular
part raised, and the screws to the sides of that?

Yes, I wondered about that. It does seem the likeliest solution.

Brushed chrome finish it says? Crushed coal more like!

For the actual socket bit, you mean? I rather like that - a pleasant change
from the usual white. It's hard to judge the outer housing (which
presumably is the brushed chrome bit - I wonder what they brush it with?)
from the pictures.

I think I'm going to give these a try in my new kitchen. I hate chasing out
for sunken wall-boxes, and especially trying to get two or three to line up
neatly next to each other.

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk