logized

"Philip" wrote in message
om...
While looking for replacement light bulbs (GU10's) I can accross the
option for an LED version of the bulb.

Are there any other LED bulbs around R63's for example?

Has anyone tried LED bulbds and could they comment on their
suitability in a home environment.

Thanks

Phil

This site has some MR16 warm white LEDs - they look interesting -
http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/default.php?cPath=50
I have not tried leds for home lighting yet because until recently they were
not really able to compete on light output, light quality and cost.
Now they could be worth considering as they would save power, run cooler and
last far longer than normal bulbs or fluorescents - they may also be useful
for lighting in enclosed spaces where halogens would overheat.
The downside is if they should fail early for any reason, then you lose all
your expected energy savings in the cost of replacements.

Dave