Dan delaMare-Lyon

Default Bosch dishwasher no draining

In article , timegoesby wrote:

Dan,

Thanks for the tip.

In the meantime I decided to have a go myself, as it might be
something simple. I could hear a buzzing when the drain pump should be
running, so I thought of a blockage. I took the left hand side panel
off with 3 of the special star shaped screws. I tilted the machine
backwrds and undid two screws on the bottom plate. It hinged down.
The drain pump motor is fitted by a bayonet fitting and an O ring.
This easily came off. I cleaned it out. It didn't seem like there was
enough scum to stop the motor. I tested the motor while it was hanging
down and out of its housing. It spun. I reassembled. It worked. Took
20 minutes

The filter is a double filter and large objects should not enter the
pump.

Top job mate - now keep her clean. I can honestly say that we chuck
all sorts of crap in our machine - but religiously run a cleaner
tablet once a month. A mate with the same unit - but minus the
monthly clean has his pack up in 2 years.....

Worth 50p/month to not have it break IMHO

Cheer
sDan.