David M

Dave wrote:
We're starting to refit the bathroom and hopefully the assembled experts
can give some advice on a few questions:

1. I want to replace the existing bath with a shower bath. The old bath
moves a surprising amount, how can I install the new one so that it
feels really solid?

2. Naive question: is the recommendation to tile the walls first and
then seal the bath to the tiles, or to fit the bath and then tile down
to it?

The general answer, as others have given is to tile down, but on the bath
I've recently installed I tiled first.

In this case our tiles were about 12mm thick, which with the aditional
adhesive thickness would have given an appearance which I wouldn't have
found acceptable if tiling down. Silicon was applied right around the edges
before the bath was pushed agianst the tiles, and the bath was screwed very
securely to the wall.

cheers

David