Seri

(Sean) wrote in message . com...
"G&M" wrote in message ...
"Sean" wrote in message
om...
I've been looking at island hoods online and am disturbed at the
prices being thown up for island units.

How high is your ceiling ? Ours was low enough that we decided to mount a
flush unit in the ceiling over the hob and run it at a higher speed when
needed.

And to us it looks tidier as well.

Its 3.0 metres but we've dropped a 16" square column by 12 inches
already as I've read that it is difficult to source a hood that would
be long enough for this height of ceiling. I take it that 2.7m is too
high?. I believe the fan can run up to 820m3/hr so would it be
feasible or am I just guaranteeing a sticky ceiling?

Having just purchased a new hob, oven, splashback and hood, I found
the best prices with RTD (
http://www.rtd.uk.com. May still be more
than you want to spend though (£413 for a stainless steel and glass
90cm baumatic island hood including VAT and delivery).

Just preface this last comment by mentioning that I'm not affiliated
with them in any manner, but I've found them to be fast, helpfull,
friendly and cheap.

Hope this helps a little

Seri