dg

"in2minds" wrote in message
I've already started work on the cellar (on 04/11), when the BCO came one
of the things he said was that I should have gained party wall consent at
least 14 days before commencing. I've just got one neighbour to complete a
consent letter (I downloaded them from the net), which I got them to back
date to 04/11, and will see the other neighbour tomorrow.
Do you think the BCO will be happy with that ?

LJ

The BCO has no authority in PW matters.

And the PWA is not legally enforceable, with no penalties if you choose not
to follow it.

If you have already started then you may as well carry on without it. If you
send out the notices, then you will have to stop work and wait for the
replies, and if a dispute arises then you will be paying all the surveyors
fees.

dg