mypet

Default Zenith Inteq Model IQB50M90W

Last night we were watching a movie and the color on our tv, a Zenith
Inteq Model IQB50M90W, went extremely dark with very strong red tones.
I tried the normal adjustments with no luck.
I called the Zenith service number and the guy said to unplug the set
for 35 mins to get back to the factory presets. If that doesn't work
(unplugged now) he said that a tube package would run approx. $130
plus labor which I would definitely have to hire as even though I'm a
do-it-yourselfer, I'm not very electronic minded.
I told him the set was only 4 years old and he said that was rather
premature for the tubes to go out in this unit, but wellll.....he did
consider it worth fixing.
I see a lot of people complaining of multiple repairs of these sets
and I was wondering IS it worth fixing or am I just entering into a
series of repairs when I would be better off getting a new set and
cutting my losses?