PoP

Default Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:17:04 +0000, Mike Mitchell
wrote:

The self-employed? How come thousands of small businesses can provide
a useful service, both to their customers and themselves, with no
shareholders involved?

This always looks great on the outside to those looking in, but many
of the onlookers are too damn scared to try it for themselves because
it involves risk. Can't have that then can we? Put your own livelihood
on the line to try and eek out a living? Deary me, it could all go
wrong!

There are many times when trying to run your own business where you
start wondering whether the effort is really worth the hassle that
government insist on putting you through. Lots of red tape festooning
everything you try to do. Tickies in boxes, duplication, and of course
taxation demands - someone has to pay for all those civil servants who
check the tickies in boxes.

Labour haven't got a clue when it comes to trying to run a business,
large or small. I perceive that this situation is starting to have an
effect on their ability to be re-elected.

As for running my own small business, I was pushed rather than jumped.
Forced out of work by an unscrupulous employer not once but twice I
was encouraged to join the great unwashed of the IT industry -
wouldn't have gone self-employed if that hadn't happened.

Best thing I ever did. No more of the corporate office politics for me
nor trying to climb greasy ladders for a 1% pay rise next year and
some **** writing stupid words on my performance evaluation.

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If
you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk

I apologise for the additional effort, however the
level of unsolicited email I receive makes it
impossible to advertise my real email address!