Sunny

NSM wrote:
"Mike Kennedy" wrote in message
ink.net...
| you can get a good burner these days for ~ $50. Sounds like time to
replace.

You should be able to get a good DVD burner for that - or less.

Yes, thanks - I understand my options, but I have good reasons for
preferring repair if possible.

Good SCSI CD-R drives are not cheap, and SCSI DVD-R drives don't seem to
be available at any price.

I purchased an IDE DVD-R a couple of months ago, but after many
frustrating hours gave up on getting it to work properly in my system -
one IDE device in an otherwise all-SCSI workstation was not a happy
combination. The IDE DVD-R works fine in my other half's IDE-only system.