Asimov

"NSM" bravely wrote to "All" (20 Nov 04 07:37:57)
--- on the heady topic of " AC defrost"

NS From: "NSM"

NS "Asimov" wrote in
NS message ...
NS What I still don't know is if the defrost interrupter contact is used
NS in normal operation or if it is simply a fail-safe device in case of

NS It should cut off the compressor but not the fan. That way the fan
NS will help clear the evaporator ("radiator") and clear the water that
NS condenses from it. It's OK for it to operate in normal use - high
NS humidity and cool temperatures for example.

Indeed, it cuts off the compressor only. It makes sense about it
operating during high humid and cool periods. Thanks.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... I worked hard to attach the electrodes to it.