PoP

Default Gas Torches

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 00:50:17 +0000, Grunff wrote:

I subsequently bought a Rothenburger which is infinitely better - I
reckon it must chuck out 2-3 times the power, and the flame must be a
good few hundred C hotter. The pipes heat up really quickly, and the
solder flows like it should.

I doubt your "few hundred C hotter" claim. If that was the case you'd
be looking at a pool of copper on the floor rather than solder flowing
(the solder will have attached itself to the metal ceiling light,
having evaporated under duress).

The major difference will be in the amount of heat the gun can deliver
to the work in a given time, it's a bit like comparing a 15mm pipe to
a 22mm - which one allows more water to flow?

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If
you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk

I apologise for the additional effort, however the
level of unsolicited email I receive makes it
impossible to advertise my real email address!