John Albers

Default General help with reamers needed

I am looking for basic info and advice on using reamers. I have a few
questions:

1. What types of reamers exist? The ones that I have herd of are
D-bits, non adjustable straight flute, adjustable straight flute, and
taper.

2. If and when should reaming be done under power? I know that you
are not supposed to ever turn them backwards.

3. Should the reamer be allowed to "float" or should it be rigidly
supported?

4. I believe that that reamers are for a finishing cut and not to
remove large amounts of metal. Is this correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You