ibbotsnm ibbotsnm is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Denon UD-M50

I have a UD-M50 triple CD player that has given me stirling service until I mistakenly pressed in the CD tray instead of using the button, at which point it jammed.
Having dismantled it I discovered a small problem with the spring that levels the cd tray as it locates into the right position to be read by the lasar. There are two such springs one supporting each side of the tray. This problem I have repaired however I am having trouble setting the positions of the three cd trays with respect to one another in the mechanical changing assembly. I imagine it is just an alignment problem of the trays and gears etc.
I also suspect that it is not an uncommon occurance with this type of equipment.
Can anybody who has come across this problem before please help. I have costed a repair by a professional company and they quote as much as a new item.
Is it necessary to replace the whole cd tray mechanism? or does anyone know how to obtain the necessary alignment instructions. I am pretty sure that there is no significant damage to the unit

Many thanks.