James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Doing Inlay's...a couple of questions

Hiya,
Considering adding inlays to my toolbox of skills. I've never done them
before so have a few questions. I see David Mark's approach
on DIY is to cut them with a scrollsaw and rout out the receiving wood with
a 1/16" router bit. I'm wondering if other's use a different
approach (ie. dremmel tool to remove waste, coping saw to cut the inlay
etc....). I'd very much like to try this but don't want to pony up to
buy a scrollsaw that will probably get used twice a year. And quite
frankly, the thought of using my router to do intricate work like that
scares
me a bit

Cheers,
cc