Leon

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
news:Mi9od.1706

I never saw Swingman's original response, so I'll tag on Tom's to address
Swingman. That's just an absolutely foolish position and one that speaks
open mouth before engaging brain. It is in fact the blind reliance on
what
is purported to be a safety device rather than relying on proper safety.

Did anyone say rely on a safety devise, It saves your butt when you make a
mistake "most of the time". Anyway, while your brain is the best safety
devise, the safety devise on your tools are more reliable than depending on
your brain all the time. We as human beings can become side tracked or
loose attention. Safety devices regardless of how lame they may be do not
loose track of what is going on.

If "you" think you may become reliant as a safety device to protect you from
harm, there in lays the problem. How many sane people will repeatedly pull
the trigger on a loaded hand gun aimed at their head with out fear of being
harmed because they know that the gun has a safety? I think a 10 inch saw
blade spinning a t 3800 rpm may have a similar effect of keeping the fear
factor up.