Dan

On Sun 21 Nov 2004 01:13:22p, loutent wrote in
:

If I see the wood closing up even slightly, I power the saw down and
put a little wedge or 10 penny on the cut side. This happens a few
times a year, but I don't use it every day like a pro.

I was going to post about how it happens to me more than half the time, but
then I remembered that I got a deal on a load of roughcut red oak tubafors,
which is what I've been using to build the workbench stand and frame some
shop stations. Now that I think about it, just about all the pieces that
immediately bent back in towards the blade were from that batch. That's
what made me so glad to have that homemade splitter. Perhaps it won't
happen so often with the next batch.

Dan